Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares
$399.99 – $599.99
The Fly Offroad Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares stylish design and sturdy construction are a fantastic addition to your Jeep.
These fender flares are made from a single piece of 16 gauge cold rolled steel plate and have a seamless appearance.
The rolled outer edge adds to the fender’s style and strength.
These fenders are made in the USA and come with features such as a 3/16” thick steel plate backing plate, a width of 8” at the widest point that tapers down to 3.75” at the rear, and six fully welded triangular gussets on the underside of the outer fender for added strength and durability.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The Fly Offroad Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares have the smoothest contour with the cleanest rolled edge on the market today. We achieve this by stamping our fenders from a single piece of 16 gauge cold rolled steel plate. No welded visible seams, no oddly shaped panels or edges that disrupt the flow of the fender. We add our exclusive rolled outer edge for added strength and styling. The Fly Offroad Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares are made in the USA!
- Clean smooth lines created from our innovative stamping process.
- Manufactured from 16 gauge cold rolled steel plate.
- 3/16” thick steel plate backing plate.
- Eliminated the lower section of the rear fender to improve tire clearance by 3.5”.
- 8” width at the widest point tapering down to 3.75” at the rear.
- Six triangular gussets fully welded on the underside of the outer fender increases strength and durability.
- Innovative rolled edge design not only enhances the styling it provides additional strength it helps to contain debris like mud from hitting the side of the Jeep.
- 3/16’ thick steel plate backing bracket reinforcing the factory body panel.
- Can be installed with or without Fly Offroad inner fenders.
- Bolt on installation, some drilling required.
- Tapered installation hardware maintains a smooth surface, nothing to get hung up or torn off while on the trail.
- Provide more clearance for larger tires and wheels, especially when off-roading and disconnecting the sway bar.
- Protect the Jeep's body and other vehicles from mud, rocks, dirt, and other debris that can be thrown by the tires.
- Durable and strong, as they are made of steel construction and have a powder coating to resist corrosion and damage.
- Enhance the appearance and style of the Jeep, giving it a rugged and aggressive look.
- Can be painted or customized to match the Jeep's color or theme.
Our Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator rear bumpers are available in two finishes:
For the enthusiast that wants to custom paint match the Fly Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares to their vehicle.
Textured Black Powder Coat.
We bead blast the raw steel to remove imperfections, then add a zinc undercoat prior to applying the powder and baking the paint, maximizing corrosion resistance.
WHAT ARE JEEP WRANGLER JK REAR FENDER FLARES AND WHY YOU NEED THEM.
What are Rear fender flares?
Rear fender flares are extensions that attach to the Rear fenders of your Jeep. They are designed to cover the tires and protect the body of your Jeep from mud, rocks, debris, and other elements that might damage it. Rear fender flares also give your Jeep a more aggressive and rugged look, enhancing its style and personality.
What benefits do Rear fender flares offer?
Rear fender flares offer several benefits for your Jeep Wrangler JK, such as:
- Protection: Rear fender flares shield your Jeep from scratches, dents, rust, and corrosion caused by road debris and off-road obstacles. They also prevent mud and dirt from splashing onto your windshield and hood, improving your visibility and safety.
- Clearance: Rear fender flares increase the clearance between your tires and your fenders, allowing you to fit larger tires without rubbing or trimming. This can improve your off-road performance and traction, as well as your ride quality and comfort.
- Compliance: Rear fender flares help you comply with the laws and regulations that require your tires to be covered by your fenders. This can prevent you from getting fined or ticketed for having exposed tires that might pose a hazard to other drivers or pedestrians.
- Style: Rear fender flares add a touch of flair and customization to your Jeep, making it stand out from the crowd. You can choose from unique styles, sizes, colors, and materials of Rear fender flares to match your preferences and personality.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST JEEP WRANGLER JK REAR FENDER FLARES FOR YOUR JEEP?
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best Rear fender flares for your Jeep Wrangler JK, such as:
- Size: The size of your Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares depends on the size of your tires and how much coverage you want. If you have stock tires or slightly larger ones, you can opt for stock width or narrow Rear fender flares that provide adequate protection without adding too much bulk. If you have oversized tires or want more clearance and protection, you can go for wide or flat Rear fender flares that cover more of your tires and give you more room to flex.
- Material: The material of your Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares affects their durability, weight, flexibility, and appearance. Some of the most common materials are plastic, steel, aluminum, and carbon fiber. Plastic Rear fender flares are lightweight, flexible, and affordable, but they can crack or fade over time. Steel Rear fender flares are strong, sturdy, and resistant to impacts, but they can rust or dent if not properly coated. Aluminum Rear fender flares are lightweight, durable, and corrosion-resistant, but they can be expensive or hard to find. Carbon fiber Rear fender flares are lightweight, strong, and stylish, but they can be very costly or prone to cracking.
- Finish: The finish of your Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares affects their look and maintenance. Some of the most common finishes are textured black, smooth black, unpainted, carbon fiber, pre-painted, and chrome. Textured black Rear fender flares are easy to clean and match most Jeeps’ colors. Smooth black Rear fender flares are sleek and glossy but can show scratches more easily. Unpainted Rear fender flares allow you to paint them any color you want but require more preparation and work. Carbon fiber Rear fender flares have a unique weave pattern that looks modern and sporty but can be hard to match with other parts. Pre-painted Rear fender flares come in different colors that match your Jeep’s factory paint but can be expensive or limited in options. Chrome Rear fender flares add a shiny and flashy look to your Jeep but can be hard to maintain or clash with other parts.
- Style: The style of your Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Fender Flares affects their shape and design. Some of the most common styles are factory, tube, pocket, rivet, and flat. Factory Rear fender flares mimic the original shape and size of your Jeep’s fenders but offer little customization or clearance. Tube Rear fender flares have a tubular shape that wraps around your tires and gives your Jeep a more off-road look but offer less protection or coverage. Pocket Rear fender flares have recessed pockets that add some dimension and detail to your Jeep but can collect dirt or water more easily. Rivet Rear fender flares have exposed bolts that add some contrast and edge to your Jeep but can rust or loosen over time. Flat Rear fender flares have a flat shape that extends outward from your Jeep’s body and gives you maximum clearance and protection but can reduce your aerodynamics or fuel efficiency.
|53 × 28 × 10 in
Cancer and reproductive harm: California Proposition 65 https://flyoffroad.com/california-proposition-65
Black Powder Coat, Raw Steel
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions
Do fender flares add value?
They also help retain resale value by deflecting rocks and debris away from the vehicle's body. By installing Fender Flares you are protecting your investment as well as adhering to tire coverage laws.
Are rolled fenders better than unrolled fenders?
Rolling will give you more clearance, but it also provides a rolled/ rounded surface that will not damage the tire as much (compared to the sharp metal edge.) With an unrolled fender, over time the tire will show signs of wear, but it would take significant rubbing to have an issue with the sidewall.
Are fender flares just for looks?
The primary purpose of fender flare is to prevent the rotating wheels and tires to throw particles such as mud, rocks, sand, liquids, and other road substances into the air. For aesthetic purpose, you can customize the look of your vehicle with this part.
Why do people put fender flares on?
Fender flares prevent the wheels of your Jeep from throwing up mud, rocks, sand, liquids, or other road debris. Without any protection, as debris continues to hit your Jeep, the surface of your vehicle will be damaged. Flares will keep your vehicle cleaner as well as protect its exterior paint.
Do fender flares improve performance?
Improved Off-Road Performance: Fender flares can also help improve the off-road performance of your Jeep. The added tire coverage allows you to run larger tires without worrying about them rubbing against the body of the vehicle, giving you more clearance for tackling rough terrain.